I first created my griffinwyse, Balthazar, as my logo and you can see him everywhere Griffinwyse exists. This was one of my first big learning curves- trying to use Paint to get him to look just like I had pictured. I am a hands-on visual person so learning all of the computer programs and tricks has been a challenge. I have to say I am so thankful I muddled through since all of these can make life so much easier- at least AFTER you have figured out what you are doing!
I made Balthazar's overall shape first. He is definitely look more "alien" here.
Then I tested the pattern of the feathers.
I baked and painted the piece and then it was on to placing each of the feathers. This was a long process but the final product was worth it.
I loved the idea that any owl you might look up and see could be a griffinwyse. These photos showed off how owl-ish he looks from one side and how he is clearly a griffinwyse from the other side.
I also wanted to thank all of you who came to Wizard Fest this past weekend. It was a fun show and my girls got to be with me during the majority of it. It was great to be able to meet everyone in person. This week I have some personal commitments that will largely keep me out of the studio but when I am in I will be turning out the new holiday ornaments! Have a great week!