Saturday, July 7, 2012

Inspiration from April 3, 2012

I recently finished Helena.  She was one of those pieces- suddenly everything came together and I could not work fast enough to bring her to life.  I always make faces first.  Everything sparks from the expression there.  In Helena's case her little head was perched by my work space for weeks but a complete image never came to me until I discovered a beautiful black feather.  That was what I was waiting for and suddenly I could see the complete character.  Inspiration came in the form of a feather.  It always amazes me how it comes out of the blue and you cannot force it, as much as you may wish you could some days. I will post her on Etsy in the morning yet I have to wonder if she really shouldn't just resume her position next to my work desk.  But then, if I didn't want to keep each piece I made I wouldn't be doing my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment